Fran Workout 2024 Open
The Fran workout is a series of 45 total thrusters and 45 total pull-ups performed in a 3-set combination within a 10-minute time cap.
Registration for the Fran Workout 2024 Open is $5 per competitor in the Living Donor and Transplant Recipient categories and $50 per competitor in the General category. The registration deadline is February 5, 2024, and the competition will take place February 6 through February 12, 2024.
To be considered for the podium and cash prizes, all competitors in the Fran Workout 2024 Open must adhere to the following rules:
Athletes shall perform the following for time within a 10-minute time cap:
- 21 thrusters followed by 21 pull-ups followed by
- 15 thrusters followed by 15 pull-ups followed by
- 9 thrusters followed by 9 pull-ups followed by
Each workout video must also include the athlete identifying (and speaking) the weights of plates and bar used for thrusters. Athletes are responsible for self-timing their workout, either with an app (i.e. WOD Tracker, SmartWOD Timer, WETime) or by having a gym clock or iPad with a timer clearly in view throughout the workout. Links to timing apps can be found on our website.
- Barbell weight for men is 95 lbs and the weight for women is 65 lbs.
- Should an athlete perform thrusters at a lower weight, the workout will be considered a modified workout and your finish time will be placed after other competitors who performed the workout at full weight.
- Each thruster consists of a front squat followed by an overhead press. Hip crease should be below parallel to the floor at the bottom of the squat and the elbows should be fully locked out at the top of the press.
- Video must include full range of motion of the thruster and camera angle must clearly display full lockout at the top of the press.
- Strict, butterfly and kipping pull-ups are all acceptable.
- Palms must face outward.
- Chin must clear the bar at the top of each pull-up.
- Arms must be fully extended at the bottom of each pull-up.
- Banded pull-ups are acceptable with a weight assistance of no more than 70 pounds, but the workout will be considered a modified workout and your finish time will be placed after other competitors who performed the workout unassisted.
- Video must include full range of motion of the pull-up in order to verify chin clearance and arm extension on each pull-up.
Registered athletes agree to and will comply with the following rules related to the Donor Games Open competition format.
- All athletes must be 18 years or older as of the close of registration for the competition.
- All athletes must agree to the Donor Games Consent Agreement and adhere to the Workout Rules and Competition Rules herein.
- Athletes must submit their full workout video at any time during the competition window: from February 6 through February 12, 2024 at 11:59 EST.
- Athletes may submit more than one workout video to improve their standings on the leaderboard.
- Competitors may submit no more than ONE (1) video within any 24-hour period.
- Should an additional workout video be disqualified; it does not impact the rank/eligibility of a previously approved workout video.
- Athletes must be willing to accept prize winnings via ACH. Failure to provide ACH payment information within 1 week of the official prize-winning notification will result in forfeiture of the cash prize. All prize winnings will be dispersed within 2 weeks of the official prize-winning notification from the Donor Games.
- Failure to perform the exercises according to the guidelines will result in disqualification.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Judges may reject an athlete’s workout video due to: (a) improper form; (b) failure to complete the workout; (c) copyright infringements; or (d) any other issues that arise in review of the workout.
- If a workout video is rejected, the competitor is allowed to submit a new competition workout video at any time during the competition window.
- If no new video is submitted before the extended deadline, the competitor is disqualified.
|Category||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||Entered|