The Grace Workout consists of 30 clean and jerks for time, with men lifting 135 lbs and women lifting 95 lbs. A time limit of 10 minutes will be in place for all competitors.
A clean and jerk is comprised of two weightlifting moves performed with a barbell.
- For the clean movement, the lifter raises the barbell from the floor into a racked position across the shoulders.
- For the jerk movement, in a smooth motion, the lifter moves the barbell from the front rack to a stationary position overhead.
- The lifter should finish with straight arms and legs and the feet in the same plane as the torso and barbell.
To be considered for a podium position, athletes must adhere to the following rules:
- Men will lift a 135 lbs barbell and women will lift a 95 lbs barbell.
- Athletes must achieve a full lockout (arms & legs) at the top of the lift.
- If the bar is dropped, athletes cannot catch the bar on the bounce.
- 10 minute time cap.