The Murph Workout
The Donor Games Murph workout consists of:
- A 1-mile run
- 10 rounds of
- 10 pull-ups
- 20 hand release push-ups
- 30 air squats
- Another 1-mile run
Strict, butterfly and kipping pull-ups are all acceptable variations. Watch the video below to see proper and improper form for pull-ups.
Only hand release push-ups will be accepted. Watch the video below to see proper and improper form for hand release push-ups.
Competitors must perform a full squat with hips breaking the plane at the knees. Watch the video below to see proper and improper form for air squats.
- Competitors must perform the workout, in order, within the time limit of 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Only completed reps receive credit. If you start a rep but do not complete it, you do not get credit for that rep.
- You only get credit for each run if you complete it within the allotted time. If you start a run but do not complete it before the allotted time expires, you do not get credit for the run, regardless of how far you go.
During the Donor Games Murph rounds, you will be assigned a judge who will validate your reps and record your self-reported finishing time (when you say you are done). Competitors who finish all 10 rounds of the Murph workout and the second 1-mile run will have their finishing time recorded by the chip reader when they return from the second 1-mile run.
Placement in each participant category is based on the time it takes to finish the entire workout. The faster the time, the higher that competitor will place. Please note that you do not have to complete the entire Murph in order to earn points. If a competitor does not finish the Murph within 1 hour and 15 minutes, their score will be calculated based on how close they got to finishing the entire workout.
Point breakdown is as follows:
- 1st – 50 points
- 2nd – 49 points
- 3rd – 48 points
- 4th – 47 points
- 5th – 46 points
There are no ties in the Murph.
- Competitor #1 completes the entire Murph and finishes first. Competitor #1 will receive the highest score of 50 points for the Murph.
- Competitor #2 also completes the entire Murph but finishes second. Competitor #2 will receive 49 points for the Murph.
- Competitor #3 does not complete the entire Murph. He/she runs the first mile and completes 5 rounds of the workout (50 total pull-ups, 100 total push-ups, 150 total squats). Competitor #3 will receive 48 points.
- Competitor #4 does not complete the Murph. He/she also runs the first mile but can only accomplish 4 rounds of the pull-ups, push-ups and squats. Competitor #4 will receive 47 points.
How Much the Murph Counts in the Total Score
The Donor Games Championship is a points-based event; the competitor with the most points in their category wins. The total score for each competitor will be a combination of their Murph score (up to 50 points), their deadlift score (up to 25 points) and their Grace score (up to 25 points) for a total between 0 and 100. In the event of a total score tie, the competitor with the most points in the Murph event will win.