The Grace Workout
The Grace workout consists of 30 clean and jerks for time, with men lifting 135 lb. and women lifting 95 lb.
A clean and jerk is comprised of two weightlifting moves performed with a barbell.
- For the clean movement, the lifter raises the barbell from the floor into a racked position across the shoulders.
- For the jerk movement, in a smooth motion, the lifter moves the barbell from the front rack to a stationary position overhead.
- The lifter should finish with straight arms and legs and the feet in the same plane as the torso and barbell.
To be considered for the podium and cash prizes, all competitors in the Donor Games Championship must adhere to the following rules for the Grace workout.
- Power cleans or full cleans are acceptable. You may re-set after the clean, or catch the bar in the rack position for the clean and push straight into the jerk without pausing.
- Competitors should begin with a power clean followed by a push or split jerk. After completing the jerk, competitors are allowed to drop the weight from an overhead position. The bar must touch the ground, but if the weight bounces it must be at rest before beginning the next repetition.
- You must complete the full 30 clean and jerks in 10 minutes or less in order to qualify.
Placement in each category is based on the time it takes to complete 30 clean and jerks. The fastest time in each category will earn the most points for that category. Point breakdown is as follows:
- 1st – 25 points
- 2nd – 24 points
- 3rd – 23 points
- 4th – 22 points
- 5th – 21 points
It is possible to tie in the Grace portion of the competition.
How Much the Grace Workout Counts in the Total Score
The Donor Games Championship is a points-based event; the competitor with the most points in their category wins. The total score for each competitor will be a combination of their Grace workout score (up to 25 points), their 3-rep max deadlift score (up to 25 points), their Murph score (up to 50 points), for a total between 0 and 100. In the event of a total score tie in any competitor category, the tie-breaker will be 10 calories on an Assault Bike for time