Donor Games Open 21.3
The Donor Games Open 21.3 competition features the Hawkins workout:
- 200 hand release push-ups
- 300 air squats
- 400 sit-ups
The Hawkins workout—named after 1st Lieutenant William Deane Hawkins, who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions above and beyond the call of duty leading a scout-sniper platoon in the assault on Tarawa in 1943—will be performed over 10 rounds. Each of the 10 rounds consists of 20 hand release push-ups, 30 air squats and 40 sit-ups with a total time limit of 2 hours. The top 5 competitors to finish the entire Hawkins workout with the fastest times win prizes.
Registration for the Donor Games Open 21.3 is now open! Registration is $5 per competitor. All competitors are required to submit a sample workout video showing at least one round of the Hawkins workout (20 hand release push-ups, 30 air squats and 40 sit-ups) by July 20, 2021. The competition will take place July 21–28. For more information, see the competition rules below and the Sharing Video Content page.
In order for your competition workout to be approved by the judges, the entirety of the workout must comply with the following:
- Hand release push-ups: Hands must lift completely off the ground at the bottom of each push-up, and arms must be fully extended at the top of each push-up. The feet must be no more than 4 inches apart.
- Air squats: Competitors must perform a full squat. Each squat must demonstrate a full range of motion, with a full extension at the top of the movement and reaching the proper depth at the bottom of the movement, which is either parallel or breaking parallel.
- Sit-ups: Must be performed with the feet secured, back flat, and arms crossed over the chest. Shoulder blades must touch the ground at the bottom of each sit-up, and both elbows must touch the legs within 4 inches of the kneecaps at the top of each sit-up. Butt cannot come off the ground at any point during the sit-up.
The Donor Games Open 21.3 will be a virtual competition and all athletes must have the ability to record the workout and submit it for judging. Due to the length of the Hawkins workout, in order to give our judges enough time to review all entries in a timely fashion, the following rules will apply for the Donor Games Open 21.3 competition.
- Competitors may only submit one full workout video during the competition window. Competitors are still encouraged to perform and record the workout multiple times in order to improve their times, but only one video may be submitted to the judges.
- Competitors may submit their full workout video at any time during the competition window: from Wednesday, July 21 through the competition deadline of Wednesday, July 28 at 11:59 PM EST.
- If a video submitted during the competition window is rejected by the judges due to form or any other issues, the competitor will be granted a one-day extension of the competition window, until Thursday, July 29 at 11:59 PM EST, for the purpose of submitting one new workout video. If no new video is submitted before the extended deadline, the competitor is disqualified.
- Submitted competition videos will be uploaded to the leaderboard in advance of judges’ review with a status of Pending. Athletes whose competition videos are pending review will not be listed with a rank or verified workout time.
- Judges will require 1–2 business days to assess a submitted competition video. Leaderboard updates will be made on a rolling basis as the judges complete their reviews. The official leaderboard will be available on Tuesday, August 3, 2021.
- Please be aware that judges will be paying close attention to exercise form to ensure every movement conforms to the written and video instructions available on this website. Failure to perform a movement or exercise according to the guidelines could result in disqualification.
Hawkins Workout Exercises
Hand Release Push-Ups
|Category||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||Registered|
|Living Donor: Men||$2,000||$1,600||$1,200||$800||$400||7|
|Living Donor: Women||$2,000||$1,600||$1,200||$800||$400||4|
|Transplant Recipient: Men||$1,000||$800||$600||$400||$200||1|
|Transplant Recipient: Women||$1,000||$800||$600||$400||$200||1|