Grace Workout 2022 Open
The Grace Workout consists of 30 clean and jerks for time, with men lifting 135 lbs and women lifting 95 lbs. A time limit of fifteen minutes will be in place for all competitors.
A clean and jerk is comprised of two weightlifting moves performed with a barbell.
- For the clean movement, the lifter raises the barbell from the floor into a racked position across the shoulders.
- For the jerk movement, in a smooth motion, the lifter moves the barbell from the front rack to a stationary position overhead.
- The lifter should finish with straight arms and legs and the feet in the same plane as the torso and barbell.
Registration for the Grace Workout 2022 Open will open on October 4, 2022. Registration is $5 per competitor in the Living Donor and Transplant Recipient categories and $50 per competitor in the General category. The registration deadline is November 1, 2022, and the competition will take place November 9 through November 16, 2022. Registered competitors should upload a video of themselves performing at least three clean and jerks to ensure correct form. Click here to learn more about the video requirement.
To be considered for the podium and cash prizes, all competitors in the Grace Workout 2022 Open must adhere to the following rules for the workout:
- Athletes will perform weightlifting moves with a barbell. Men will lift 135 lbs and women will lift 95 lbs.
- Power cleans or full cleans are acceptable. You may re-set after the clean, or catch the bar in the rack position for the clean and push straight into the jerk without pausing.
- Competitors should begin with a power clean followed by a push or split jerk. After completing the jerk, competitors are allowed to drop the weight, but if the weight bounces, it must rest before beginning the next repetition.
- Athlete must complete the full 30 clean and jerks in 15 minutes or less in order to qualify for the podium.
Registered athletes agree to and will comply with the following rules related to the Donor Games Open competition format.
- All athletes must be 18 years or older as of the close of registration for the competition.
- All athletes must agree to the Donor Games Consent Agreement and adhere to the Workout Rules and Competition Rules herein.
- Athletes are encouraged to submit a sample workout video at any time during the sample workout window.
- Athletes who do not submit a sample workout video run a higher risk of having their full workout video disqualified during the competition.
- Athletes must submit their full workout video during the competition window.
- Athletes may submit more than one workout video to improve their standings on the leaderboard. Competitors may submit no more than ONE (1) video within any 24-hour period.
- Should an additional workout video be disqualified, it does not impact the rank/eligibility of a previously approved workout video.
- Athletes must accept prize winnings via ACH payment. Failure to provide ACH payment information within 1 week of the official prize-winning notification will result in forfeiture of the cash prize. All prize winnings will be dispersed within 2 weeks of the official prize-winning notification from the Donor Games.
- Failure to perform a movement or exercise according to the guidelines will result in disqualification. Judges’ decisions are final as they relate to official time, weight, reps, etc.
- If a workout video is rejected, the competitor is allowed to submit a new competition workout video at any time during the competition window.
- Should the workout be disqualified on the last day of competition, athletes may be given an extension beyond the competition deadline at the discretion of the judges.
- If no new video is submitted before the extended deadline, the competitor is disqualified.
|Category||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place|
Individuals who are transplant center professionals are eligible to compete for an additional $10,000 in cash prizes through our $10k Challenge.