Super Murph 2023 Open
The Super Murph consists of 5 rounds of 40 sit-ups, 30 air squats, 20 hand release push-ups and 10 pull-ups within a 45-minute time cap.
Registration for the Super Murph 2023 Open is $5 per competitor in the Living Donor and Transplant Recipient categories and $50 per competitor in the General category. The registration deadline is May 9, 2023, and the competition will take place May 10 through May 16, 2023.
To be considered for the podium and cash prizes, all competitors in the Super Murph 2023 Open must adhere to the following rules:
Competitors must perform 5 rounds each of these exercises in the following order within the 45-minute time cap:
- 40 sit-ups: Must be performed with the feet secured, back flat, and arms crossed over the chest. Shoulder blades must touch the ground at the bottom of each sit-up, and both elbows must touch the legs within 6 inches of the kneecaps at the top of each sit-up. Butt cannot come off the ground at any point during the sit-up. Athletes must demonstrate the full range of motion on each sit-up.
- 30 air squats: Competitors must perform a full squat with the upper leg parallel to the floor at the bottom of the squat. Athletes must rise to their full standing height, and demonstrate a lockout with both knees on every rep.
- 20 hand release push-ups: Hands must lift completely off the ground at the bottom of each push-up, the athlete must hold a rigid plank position during the push-up, and arms must be fully extended at the top of each push-up. The athlete’s feet must remain on the ground and be less than or equal to shoulder width apart in distance.
- 10 pull-ups: Strict, butterfly and kipping pull-ups are all acceptable. Palms must face outward, chin must clear the bar at the top of each pull-up, and arms must be fully extended at the bottom of each pull-up. Banded pull-ups are acceptable with a weight assistance of no more than 70 pounds, but your finish time will be placed after other competitors who performed the move unassisted
Registered athletes agree to and will comply with the following rules related to the Donor Games Open competition format.
- All athletes must be 18 years or older as of the close of registration for the competition.
- All athletes must agree to the Donor Games Consent Agreement and adhere to the Workout Rules and Competition Rules herein.
- Athletes must submit their full workout video during the competition window: from May 10 through May 16, 2023, at 11:59 EST. Click here to learn more about the video requirement.
- Athletes may submit more than one workout video to improve their standings on the leaderboard. Competitors may submit no more than ONE (1) video within any 24-hour period.
- Should an additional workout video be disqualified, it does not impact the rank/eligibility of a previously approved workout video.
- Athletes must accept prize winnings via ACH. Failure to provide ACH payment information within 1 week of the official prize-winning notification will result in forfeiture of the cash prize. All prize winnings will be dispersed within 2 weeks of the official prize-winning notification from the Donor Games.
- Failure to perform the workout exercises according to the guidelines will result in disqualification.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- If a workout video is rejected, the competitor is allowed to submit a new competition workout video at any time during the competition window.
- Should the workout be disqualified on the last day of competition, athletes may be given an extension beyond the competition deadline at the discretion of the judges.
- If no new video is submitted before the extended deadline, the competitor is disqualified.
|Category||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||Entered|