1-Mile Swim 2023 Open
The 1-Mile Swim 2023 Open will be a donors-only event. A “swimmer’s mile” is defined as 1,500 meters or 1,650 yards, which will be the measurement used for this competition. Contestants will compete to see who can complete a 1-mile swim the fastest.
Registration for the 1-Mile Swim 2023 Open is $5 per competitor. Only living donors are eligible to compete in this event. The registration deadline is July 18, 2023, and the competition will take place July 19 through July 25, 2023.
To be considered for the podium and cash prizes, all competitors in the 1-Mile Swim 2023 Open must adhere to the following rules and complete the workout within the 1-hour time cap.
- The clock starts once the athlete dives into the pool or pushes off the wall.
- Participants must touch the wall on every turn.
- Flip turns are permitted.
- Swimmers may use any swimming strokes and can switch strokes at any time.
- Swimmers cannot use the pool floor or lane dividers for assistance.
- Athletes cannot use speed-enhancement devices such as flippers.
- No flotation devices are allowed, including life jackets, floaties or wetsuits.
- No breathing apparatuses are allowed, such as snorkels.
- The athlete must swim the number of laps generated by the Donor Games 1-mile lap calculator.
- The participant’s camera must be set up in a way where the entire lap is captured in the competition video, including both endpoints.
Registered athletes agree to and will comply with the following rules related to the Donor Games Open competition format.
- All athletes must be 18 years or older as of the close of registration for the competition.
- All athletes must agree to the Donor Games Consent Agreement and adhere to the Workout Rules and Competition Rules herein.
- Athletes must submit their full workout video during the competition window: from July 19 through July 25, 2023, at 11:59 EST. Click here to learn more about the video requirement.
- Athletes may submit more than one workout video to improve their standings on the leaderboard. Competitors may submit no more than ONE (1) video within any 24-hour period.
- Should an additional workout video be disqualified, it does not impact the rank/eligibility of a previously approved workout video.
- Athletes must accept prize winnings via ACH. Failure to provide ACH payment information within 1 week of the official prize-winning notification will result in forfeiture of the cash prize. All prize winnings will be dispersed within 2 weeks of the official prize-winning notification from the Donor Games.
- Failure to perform the workout exercises according to the guidelines will result in disqualification.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- If a workout video is rejected, the competitor is allowed to submit a new competition workout video at any time during the competition window.
- Should the workout be disqualified on the last day of competition, athletes may be given an extension beyond the competition deadline at the discretion of the judges.
- If no new video is submitted before the extended deadline, the competitor is disqualified.
|Category||1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place||5th Place||Entered|