Donor Athlete Profile: Mimi Mahon
About Mimi Mahon
Mimi Mahon, a frequent competitor and winner of Donor Games events, is the owner and head coach at Mahon Strength & Fitness, which opened its doors in January 2021 in Hamilton, Ohio. More than a dozen Donor Games competitors either belong to her gym or were introduced to the competitions by her. In addition to the Donor Games, Mimi has participated in a variety of fitness competitions including CrossFit, Strong(wo)man, powerlifting, and Spartan Races. She played Division I college softball at Cleveland State University and has worked as a strength coach, softball coach, and CrossFit trainer.
Donor Story: Mimi Mahon donated a kidney through the National Kidney Registry’s paired donation program in January 2017. She volunteered to donate on behalf of her mom. Her sister is a nurse and helped their mom through the transplant process.
Personal: Mimi is one of triplets with her sister, Ali, and brother, Chris. She also has two older brothers, Nick and Nate, as well as parents Nicki and Dale, wife Ashley, and son Niko.
Donor Games Competitions: Mimi Mahon
Mimi has participated in every Donor Games event (in the donor: women category), and has taken the top podium spot in all but one. She also holds several Donor Games all-time records.
- 3-Rep Trap Bar Deadlift 2022 Open: 1st place (weight: 370 lbs*)
- Grace Workout 2021 Open: 1st place (time: 2:05*)
- Donor Games Championship 2021:
- Overall: 1st place
- Grace: 1st place (time: 2:18)
- 3-Rep Trap Bar Deadlift: 1st place (weight: 365 lbs)
- Murph: 3rd place (time: 54:42)
- Hawkins Workout 2021 Open: 1st place (time: 33:30*)
- 3-Rep Trap Bar Deadlift 2021 Open: 1st place (weight: 335 lbs)
- Mini Murph 2021 Open: 3rd place (time: 29:36)
- Grace Workout 2020 Open: 1st place (time: 2:20)
- Hawkins Workout 2020 Open: 1st place (time: 37:10)
*Donor Games record